Monday, June 11, 2012

Not Alone

This morning as I was reading the Bible these verses stuck out to me.

“I thank God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:3-6

It made me so grateful for all the people God has placed in my life at this time! I am so thankful for the team God has given us for Salt Church! I am blessed by all of my home school mom friends that serve the Lord as they teach their children! I am excited about all the new ministry ladies I am meeting and connecting with!

I know I need these ladies in my life. I need people to encourage me when I feel weak. To pray with me when I have to make the second trip to the ER in a week. (Everyone is fine now.) I need to hear their stories and know that they struggle like I do.

I know that there is no way that I could sustain this church plant adventure with out knowing there are others partnering with me across the country. At times you can feel like you're all alone. You feel lost in this church pioneering venture. It's difficult to navigate the uncharted waters.

I find such comfort in the words of the verse "..pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel.."  I am in partnership with the body of Christ. I am not alone in this adventure!

It is such a blessing to have church planters across the country as a part of that support! Last spring I was a part of a VCG (Virtual Community Group) through Leading and Loving It . This fall I am blessed to lead a new community of planters' wives with them. It so so amazing to share with others that are going through the same things you are going through.

I know that God has a plan for my church! I know that He will see it through. (Now if only I could remember that in the midst of the zeros in my checking account and the car troubles.) Paul says "be confident of this, that he who began a good work...will carry it on to completion"! Sometimes it's hard to be confident but I must trust in my calling! He who has called me will carry me through!



No comments:

Post a Comment