Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mom's Monkey Bread

I have recieved a request for the Monkey Bread I served at my sister-in-law's baby shower. I thought I'd post it here. The recipe is from my mom!


Monkey Bread

  • 4 packages of refrigerated biscuits
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start the glaze heating while you are completing this stage. Mix sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a bowl. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and toss in the mixture. Do them in stages or they will stick together. Toss them into a greased bunt pan. Continue until they are all gone.

Glaze
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 sticks of butter
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Melt together in a saucepan until smooth. (Mine never got smooth after 45 minutes, but mom says hers does. Either way it's good) Pour over the biscuits in the bunt pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then turn over on a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment